Today: 31 August 2025
28 November 2024
1 min read

Israel Challenges ICC Warrants

The ICC issued the arrest warrants for Netanyahu and Gallant on charges of committing “crimes against humanity and war crimes…reports Asian Lite News

Israel filed a notice with the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague of its intention to appeal the arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant.

A statement from the Prime Minister’s Office said Israel also requested to delay the execution of the arrest warrants, which were issued last week, Xinhua news agency reported.

“Israel’s notice of appeal reveals in detail how the decision to issue the arrest warrants was baseless and devoid of any factual or legal basis,” the statement said.

“Israel denies the authority of the ICC and the legitimacy of the arrest warrants,” it added.

The ICC issued the arrest warrants for Netanyahu and Gallant on charges of committing “crimes against humanity and war crimes” between at least October 8, 2023, and May 20, 2024, in Gaza.

ALSO READ: Labour left urges PM to speak up for human rights on Saudi trip 

Previous Story

Riyadh Metro Launches First Phase

Next Story

Opposition slams govt over repeated adjournments   

Latest from -Top News

Xi Woos Arab World

For Egypt, the summit carries special significance. Egypt’s accession as an SCO dialogue partner marks a strategic step toward forging more balanced, diversified international partnerships, particularly with emerging countries such as China,

More Killings in Gaza

Israel’s state-owned Kan TV News reported that Israel will stop the airdrop operation of humanitarian aid over Gaza City in the coming days, and the entry of ground aid via trucks to

EU at Odds Over Gaza

EU foreign ministers in Denmark weighed suspending funding to Israeli start-ups, but the plan lacked majority backing, highlighting the bloc’s struggle for a common Gaza response….reports Asian Lite News European Union foreign

Trump Blocks Abbas

The U.S. State Department disclosed that Secretary of State Marco Rubio had rescinded the visas of Abbas and 80 other Palestinian officials…reports Asian Lite News The office of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas

Israel Nails Houthi PM

Al-Rahawi was killed on Thursday alongside several ministers during a meeting in southern Sanaa…reports Asian Lite News The Houthis announced on Saturday that an Israeli airstrike killed Ahmed Al-Rahawi, the prime minister
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Macron tells Netanyahu ‘too many civilian losses’ in Gaza

Macron also condemned violence against Palestinian civilians in the occupied

Netanyahu refutes reports on details of talks with Biden  

On being asked if whether a two-state solution was impossible