Today: 4 April 2025
13 October 2023
1 min read

Israel’s Top Brass Takes The Blame For Intel Failure

Halevi added that a time will come to investigate how Hamas managed to carry out the attack…reports Asian Lite News

In his first public statement since the war between Israel and Palestinian terror groups in the Gaza Strip began, IDF Chief of Staff Lt. General Herzi Halevi acknowledged failures that enabled Hamas’s infiltration and mass murders last week, media reports said.

“The IDF is responsible for the security of the country and its citizens, and on Saturday morning in the area surrounding the Gaza Strip, we did not handle it. We will learn, we will investigate, but now is the time for war,” Halevi says from southern Israel.

He also added that Israel will do everything it can to return the hostages taken by Hamas and other groups, The Times of Israel reported.

“We are five days after a murderous, brutal and surprising incident. The slaughter by the murderous Hamas terrorists, the human animals, of our children, our wives and our people, is animalistic, it is inhumane. The IDF is fighting merciless terrorists who have committed unimaginable acts.”

“Yahya Sinwar, the ruler of the Gaza Strip, decided on this horrible attack, and therefore he and the entire system under him are dead men. We will attack them, we will dismantle them, dismantle their system,” he said.

Halevi added that a time will come to investigate how Hamas managed to carry out the attack, The Times of Israel reported.

On the estimated 200 Israelis and foreigners held captive by the terror group in the Gaza Strip, Halevi said: “We will do everything to return the hostages back home.”

“We are killing many terrorists, many commanders, destroying terror infrastructure that supported this terrible, brutal crime,” Halevi continues.

“Gaza will not look the same,” he adds.

ALSO READ: Gaza Hit by Over 6,000 Israeli Airstrikes; Ground Offensive Uncertain

Previous Story

France to Arrange More Chartered Flights for Stranded Nationals

Next Story

MEA clears the air on downsizing Canadian diplomatic presence

Latest from -Top News

China Says US Tariff Hikes Violate WTO Rules

China is among the hardest-hit, facing a 34 per cent levy—part of what Washington describes as reciprocal measures aimed at rebalancing trade deficits and curbing unfair trade practices China has strongly condemned

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Tensions high as Hamas studies ceasefire proposal

Gaza health authorities said 26,900 Palestinians had been killed, including

Gaza Rejects Trump’s Plan

Protesters strongly rejected any plan or measures aimed at displacing