Today: 6 April 2025
17 April 2024
1 min read

Israel Hits Rafah Building, Seven Dead

The US and other allies of Israel had asked Israel not to attack Rafah…reports Asian Lite News

The Israel Air Force has attacked a building in Rafah in southern Gaza, killing seven people.

According to Israeli media, the attack occurred early Wednesday morning.

The US and other allies of Israel had asked Israel not to attack Rafah as there was a high civilian population of around 1.3 million people living in the area.

The Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sissi had informed the US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken during his visit to Egypt that an Israeli attack on Rafah must be prevented.

Egypt is concerned that an attack on Rafah would lead to an exodus of refugees to the Sinai region of Egypt that is sharing the border with Rafah.

Since the ground invasion of Israel Defense Forces (IDF) into Gaza on October 27, 2023, after the Hamas attack of October 7 last year, more than 33,000 Palestinians were killed.

An IDF ground invasion in Rafah would lead to heavy casualties and the US was not convinced by Israel’s plan to evacuate civilians, including women and children, during the military operation.

The Israeli intelligence agencies, including Mossad and Shin Bet, have informed the Israeli war cabinet of the presence of a majority of hostages in Rafah area with Hamas militants using them as human shields.

ALSO READ: US Plans Sanctions on Iran After Attacks on Israel

Previous Story

US Plans Sanctions on Iran After Attacks on Israel

Next Story

Buttler Century Secures Nail-biting Victory for RR

Latest from -Top News

GAZA KILLINGS: War Crime?

Mobile Phone Footage Casts Doubt on Israeli Account of Ambulance Attack in Gaza Newly surfaced mobile phone footage has raised serious questions about the Israeli military’s justification for opening fire on a

Namibia voices concern over US tariffs

AGOA is a non-reciprocal trade arrangement aimed at supporting development in African countries through preferential access to US markets The Namibian government has expressed concern over newly imposed US tariffs, warning that

Uganda, South Sudanese leaders hold talks

Museveni, who is among the guarantors of a 2018 peace agreement that ended a five-year civil war, held closed-door discussions with President Salva Kiir Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni was expected to meet

Namibia voices concern over US tariffs

AGOA is a non-reciprocal trade arrangement aimed at supporting development in African countries through preferential access to US markets The Namibian government has expressed concern over newly imposed US tariffs, warning that

US to revoke all South Sudan visas

Trump’s administration has taken aggressive measures to ramp up immigration enforcement, including the repatriation of people deemed to be in the US illegallyThe US said on Saturday it would revoke all visas
Go toTop

Don't Miss

UN report says Israeli strikes may have violated laws of war

The UN verified that these attacks resulted in at least

Iran Vows Retaliation for Embassy Attack by Israel

The Iranian ambassador issued a warning that Iran will not