- Butter – 250 g
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
- Eggs – 4
- Rose Water – ¼ tsp
- Flour – 2 ½ cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Milk – 1cup
- Walnuts – 3/4 Cup (chopped And toasted)
Ingredients For Glaze
- Icing Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp [Softened]
- Vanilla Essence – ¼ tsp
- Maple Syrup – ¼ cup
- Walnuts – 2 tbsp [chopped and roasted]
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy .
- Add egg one at a time beating well after each addition
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, and salt .
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture in three addition alternating with milk in to intervals. Add the rose water and mix it once.
- Add the toasted walnuts fold it once.
- Pour this batter into a greased 20 cm round bottom removable pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 170 degrees for one hour or until wooden prick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Method For Glaze
- Beat icing sugar, butter, vanilla essence and maple syrup in a medium bowl until smooth, immediately drizzle the glace on top of the cake allowing some to drip down the sides.
- Immediately sprinkle with walnuts, leave it aside for 1 5 min until the glaze is set.
There you go your delicious walnut cake is ready.
ALSO READ-Freestyle Healthy Cupcakes