Today: 4 April 2025
10 October 2021
2 mins read

Iran Prez accuses US of being behind Kunduz attack

Raisi has issued a message of condolence over the martyrdom and injury of a large number of innocent people in a recent terrorist attack in Afghanistan’s Kunduz…reports Asian Lite News

 Iran President Ebrahim Raisi has condemned the recent terrorist attack in Afghanistan’s Kunduz, saying the heinous crime was carried out with US support, Mehr News Agency reported.

Raisi has issued a message of condolence over the martyrdom and injury of a large number of innocent people in a recent terrorist attack in Afghanistan’s Kunduz.

He also blamed the US for backing the Takfiri terrorist groups, saying, “The US has facilitated the expansion of the activities of ISIL criminals in Afghanistan and prevented up-rooting them.”

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi

Raisi also expressed concern over the continuation of terrorist actions and the combination of “religious sedition” with “ethnic sedition”, saying that creating division and sedition is part of the new US security plot for Afghanistan, the report said.

Raisi further called for the formation of an inclusive government in Afghanistan as a way of thwarting the plots for Afghanistan, underlining Iran’s support for Afghan people.

Raisi offered his condolence to the people of Afghanistan and to all humanity on the martyrdom and injury of a large number of innocent people of Afghanistan who were worshipping in a holy place when they were attacked.

IS claims responsibility for Afghan mosque bombing

The Islamic State (IS) terror group has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing at a mosque in Afghanistan’s Kunduz province that left at least over 45 people dead and hundreds of others injured, the media reported on Saturday.

In a statement issued on Friday night, the terror group identified the suicide bomber as Muhammad, an Uyghur Muslim, reports Khaama Press.

The blast occurred inside a Shia Muslim mosque building in Kunduz city, the provincial capital, at around 2 p.m. when over 300 hundred people were attending the Friday prayers.

However, there were conflicting reports over the death toll.

While the director of the culture and information department in Kunduz said that 43 people were killed, local Afghan media have put the toll between 46 to 50.

Local security officials said over 300 hundred people were at the mosque during the time of the blast.

Witnesses have said over 100 worshippers were killed and wounded in the attack.

The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan had also said in initial reports that over 100 people were killed and wounded .

The Taliban have condemned the attack and pledged to bring the perpetrators to justice.

ALSO READ: Iran FM visits Syria to discuss bilateral ties

ALSO READ: Pak plans special cell to address Afghanistan-related matters

Previous Story

BBME to return to Dubai as an in-person event

Next Story

NAMA launches Women’s inclusion Toolkit in MENA region

Latest from -Top News

ATM 2025 set for record turnout

Registrations have surged by an impressive 104% compared to the same period last year, underscoring ATM’s growing influence in the international travel trade landscape. With just three weeks to go until the

UAE team aids Myanmar relief efforts

The search and rescue operation will take place across six locations in Myanmar, with teams working in rotating morning and evening shifts to expedite response efforts and reach as many affected areas

China Says US Tariff Hikes Violate WTO Rules

China is among the hardest-hit, facing a 34 per cent levy—part of what Washington describes as reciprocal measures aimed at rebalancing trade deficits and curbing unfair trade practices China has strongly condemned

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Saudi, Czech close embassies in Afghanistan

Taliban issued a clarification and said that the employees of

Taliban oppose Ankara’s proposal to guard Kabul airport

Turkey was interested in taking control of Afghanistan’s Hamid Karzai