Today: 4 April 2025
11 January 2021
1 min read

Indonesia extends ban on foreign nationals

President Joko Widodo has also agreed to extend the prohibition of foreigners from entering the country for another two weeks until January 28…reports Asian Lite News

The Indonesian government on Monday decided to extend its travel restrictions for foreign nationals for two more weeks due to Covid-19 concerns, a Minister said.

At a press conference here, Economic Minister Airlangga Hartarto said that the government on Monday started implementing stricter restrictions on community activities for two weeks, reports Xinhua news agency.

President Joko Widodo has also agreed to extend the prohibition of foreigners from entering the country for another two weeks until January 28, said the Minister who is also chairman of the National COVID-19 Mitigation and Economic Recovery Committee.

The government had earlier banned international visitors from entering Indonesia from January 1 to 14.

The closure exempts foreign state officials at some levels and who are required to apply tight health protocols.

The closure for foreigners was made due to the emergence of a new Covid-19 variant.

Also read:Body parts retrieved after Indonesian plane crash

Previous Story

New low Down Under

Next Story

US labels Houthi militia as ‘terrorist group’

Latest from -Top News

China Says US Tariff Hikes Violate WTO Rules

China is among the hardest-hit, facing a 34 per cent levy—part of what Washington describes as reciprocal measures aimed at rebalancing trade deficits and curbing unfair trade practices China has strongly condemned

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s
Go toTop