Today: 4 April 2025
10 January 2021
1 min read

Conflicts scatter 18,000 Afghan families

In a statement on Saturday, the State Ministry for Disaster Management said if the current level of violence prevail, aid agencies will not be able to reach vulnerable families in insecure regions…reports Asian Lite News

Afghan government figures have revealed that at least 18,000 families have been displaced due to conflicts in six provinces over the last month.

In a statement on Saturday, the State Ministry for Disaster Management said if the current level of violence prevail, aid agencies will not be able to reach vulnerable families in insecure regions, reports TOLO News.

The provinces are Baghlan, Kunduz, Farah, Herat, Ghor and Uruzgan.

Nearly 45,000 families were displaced during the last year, according to the Ministry.

“If the situation worsens and violence continues, there will be serious challenges in way of relief and rescue efforts,” Ministry spokesman Ahmad Tamim Azimi was quoted as saying.

According to the Ministry, there is the possibility that another 25,000 families will be displaced due to conflicts.

Officials added that 100 displaced people are living in a shelter at a school in the city of Kunduz.

Also read:Pak welcomes resumption of Afghan talks

Previous Story

India may build strategic natural gas reserve

Next Story

CA launches probe into SCG crowd incident

Latest from -Top News

China Says US Tariff Hikes Violate WTO Rules

China is among the hardest-hit, facing a 34 per cent levy—part of what Washington describes as reciprocal measures aimed at rebalancing trade deficits and curbing unfair trade practices China has strongly condemned

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s
Go toTop